Mark 4: 1-34
How are you going with hearing Jesus?
What type of attitude do you have towards the Word of God?
Our salvation, growth as a Christian and spreading the Gospel relies on God
- The Purpose of Parables - Mark 4:10
- Mark 4:11; Insiders vs Outsiders of God's Kingdom
. Parable of the sower: Mark 4: 3 & 14, 4 & 15, 5, 6 & 19
- Trouble will test your roots in Jesus and God: hope Mark 4: 20
- Hearing with Faith
2. Parable of the Lamp - Mark 4:21
- Displaying your Faith to others not hiding it away. Hear, Accept & Bear 'Fruit'
3. Parable of the Measure - Mark 4:24
- Relationship between hearing Jesus now & eternity.
- Whoever has faith and riches in Jesus more will be given.
4. Parable of the growing seed - Mark 4:26
- The seed grows without the man's intervention.
- God will keep His people growing without man's help.
5. The parable of the mustard seed - Mark 4:30
- Look at how the Christian Faith has grown.
- How glorious it is that God will make faith grow.
- Hungry Hearers: hunger for God's word & understand how important it is.
- Heedful Hearers: be aware and attentive to the dangers the Gospel tells us will come.
- Hopeful Hearers: peace, hope & rest in the Word of God